Advice Wanted! HTML Ui System

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Get ready to dive into a sea of endless excitement with "Dolphin Jump," the thrilling new game that puts you in control
  • Hi, I need to build a detailed UI interface with menu menu, sub menus, layouts etc all which is fed by data (JSON). Think something like Civilization of Crusader Kings 3.

I'm thinking of building in all in HTML for Construct 3.

Are there external visual html tools that could possibly help with this?

Anyone got any tips or advice?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I guess you could utilize most any website builder. It's mostly just scrollable div html elements with buttons, images, etc... and a bunch of css to style the living daylights out of it.

You can get away with avoiding html elements altogether to do GUIs in construct on a case by case basis. Things like text input is much simpler with the html element, but if you don't need many features you can do it with the keyboard and text object. Scrolling regions can be done with some masking, but admittedly I haven't seen a solution I'm happy with. The current solution amounts to using pin or something to attach objects to the scrollable area, then with it all on one layer you'd mask it with sprites on top with the destination out blend. The final step is some math to do the scrollbar and clamping to the limits of the scrollable area.

Again, I'd just deal with it case by case. A gui is the same as any other part of making a game. You break it up into simpler parts and see how to combine them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)