How do I run my exported game? (HTML)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Im a beginner and im trying to publish my very first game. I wanted to upload it on a browser website first so i exported it to HTML but when i try to run it it says: "Exported games wont work until you upload them." Can i get step by step instructions on what to do?

• - You can zip your export to 1 package

- Use some free host like netlify.com to upload your game(I suggest that you should register an account to make it valid longer, it will be invalid after 1 day if you don't register)

- Enjoy your game when it upload completely, you can change your site name to make it easy to remember.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you want to test your exported game before uploading I recommend using Firefox. Firefox is more tolerant when working with requests to the filesystem or, a much better solution is to run a local server. For example apachefriends.org/index.html

Very easy to install and you just have to move your folder to the htdocs folder and all it in any browser with the url localhost/myGameFolder.

But I dislike shifiting folders around. Therefore here is another solution:

If you have installed php you could simple switch to your folder on command line and type php -S localhost:5000.

this will also run a local server listening to localhost:5000 for your current folder.

So you can open your game by typing localhost:5000 in the URL.

Remeber all this methodes are only on your system. Nobody else can access them.

You can read everything in detail here: https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/publishing-web-10

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)