Where i can find the file of local storage?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • An app exported with NW.js.

I have 10 lists , every list has a lot of products inside and user can add more,

anw, each list has its own array , when i save the progress all the arrays are save using local storage.

Now what im trying to reach here is to can save the local storage file to a server so if someone delete the files to can get it back , but i can not find the local storage files anywhere at C/users/nameOfuser/appData/nameOfproject.

If i can do this inside construct 2 sounds better.

• Don't know if NW.js can handle/trigger AJAX, but if it can, why do you need to access the file? Just serialize the array and save it. Or am i missing something?

• For now im using NWjs for create a folder and save the array in a file localy. Its possible to send the file to a server so i can retreive it after?or i have to send it using ajax post to php?

• There was a post about saving files just a few days ago:

construct.net/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/how-do-i-save-a-csv-file-to-my-137535

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For now im using NWjs for create a folder and save the array in a file localy. Its possible to send the file to a server so i can retreive it after?or i have to send it using ajax post to php?

AFAIK, Construct doesn't support ftp,so you can't send an actual file. But as I said before (and dop, trough the other post'slink), you can send via Ajax the file contents (so yes, Ajax post a php(or whatever you like) and then either save a file or to a database). You can always send the byte code of the file as a string too, but I don't see any reason to.

Also, you can connect to a web socket and send a message containing the file content string but, again, there's no need to.

The right way to accomplish what you want is trough Ajax.

• Thank you both guys!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)