How to make just dance like lyrics?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Lyric, peaceful, atmospheric, beautiful choir themes. 5 different tracks.
  • So, in just dance theres lyrics at the bottom of the screen, the text is white but as the music goes on the lyrics start changing color, is there anyway to do this is C2?

(like this, the letters start changing colors, not a rough letter by letter but like, the color passes by each letter)

the only way i thought of doing this is very hard, putting each letter a different text and they go changing color, but that would be hard and time consuming to make for a whole song, please help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried it right now and it's actually quite simple, using Blend mode effects. The capx is attached here.

drive.google.com/open

1. You create a layer for both the text and the color object.

- Set "Transparent" to "yes".

- Set "Blend mode" to "source atop".

- You can now also create other layers e.g. below that layer if you want a background.

2. Create a Sprite-box for the color. (Just wide box that can cover the text's width)

- "Blend mode" of Color-box to "Source in"

3. Create your text.

- "Blend mode" of the text stays "Normal".

4. Both the text and the color-box are now on the same layer. Color-box needs to be ABOVE the text in the

z-order.

I also implemented a fast movement event for the blue bar, so it can it goes to the next line after the first one is finished. The Color-box has the Bullet behavior right now.

• I tried it right now and it's actually quite simple, using Blend mode effects. The capx is attached here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MGesMUgA5y3TJoWmRVshFCRUon0RYqGc

1. You create a layer for both the text and the color object.

- Set "Transparent" to "yes".

- Set "Blend mode" to "source atop".

- You can now also create other layers e.g. below that layer if you want a background.

2. Create a Sprite-box for the color. (Just wide box that can cover the text's width)

- "Blend mode" of Color-box to "Source in"

3. Create your text.

- "Blend mode" of the text stays "Normal".

4. Both the text and the color-box are now on the same layer. Color-box needs to be ABOVE the text in the

z-order.

I also implemented a fast movement event for the blue bar, so it can it goes to the next line after the first one is finished. The Color-box has the Bullet behavior right now.

Thank you very much! it worked!

• No Problem!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)