BandChiptune - a new plugin to play chiptune music

1 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • Hi there!

BandChiptune reproduces sounds by calculating them in real time, just as computers and consoles used to do, saving huge amounts of bytes in the storage space (a BandChiptune audio will weigh only a few kilobytes).

To meet any need of the developer, a BandChiptune object can reproduce the audio:

1. indicated note by note, pause by pause, instrument by instrument, through code blocks directly in Construct 2 or 3;
    2. provided in an external file in JSON format, then loaded via AJAX;
    3. indicated through a string containing several tokens (for note lengths, pauses, notes to play, ligaments, volumes, etc.);

For more information download and read the attached documentation and see the screenshots on the official project page.

https://fiaful.itch.io/bandchiptune-construct-2-plugin-and-sample

• Hello,

i like your new plugin alot. I wish there was an eazy way to convert from other formats to Bandchip format. I must dig deeper into that.

Any chance to see midi input for Bandchip?

i would love to connect to you via discord.

• Hello, some questions, what instruments are available? I do not see anything about that.

Can you convert a MIDI file to use it with the plugin ?.

Thanks for share this.

Ok, now see the instruments

Do you plan to add more instruments ?.

For example, toneJS uses some more instruments.

• Hello,

Hello!

i like your new plugin alot.

I'm really very happy to hear you say it

I wish there was an eazy way to convert from other formats to Bandchip format. I must dig deeper into that.

Well, theoretically yes, probably the MIDI format is the one that comes closest, as the plugin handles notes and pauses like a musical score, and as far as I know, MIDI should do the same ...

Any chance to see midi input for Bandchip?

I don't believe by myself, and I don't believe for the moment ...

but simply because I don't know the MIDI format ... I should first study it :)

i would love to connect to you via discord.

I have always had problems with discord unfortunately ... but I can give you my e-mail: fiaful(at)hotmail(dot)com

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello, some questions, what instruments are available? I do not see anything about that.

Hello, at the moment only the "chip" instruments you see (ie the waveforms and noises ... at the time, with 8bit audio, it was difficult to talk about "instruments")

Can you convert a MIDI file to use it with the plugin ?.

as I answered in the previous comment, at the moment I'm not able because I don't know the MIDI format ... besides I see another problem to play MIDI ... midi needs sound fonts, which often occupy more than the single pieces in ogg or m4a ... making it unwise to use

Thanks for share this.

Thank you for comment!

For example, toneJS uses some more instruments.

I don't know toneJS ... thanks for letting me know, I'll see if I can integrate it into my addon or write a new one that uses it.

• Well, I said I would never use ad-dons but ......... doood!

I have been wishing for something like this for a long time...

• I had the privilege to discuss with fiaful during the plugin creation and that's something I really wished C2 had integrated since the beginning.

I am old school and I am sure this plugin will help everyone not only with their nostalgia, but also to shrink the size of their games.

I usually try to avoid as much as I can plugin, but my rule doesn't apply for this. Too cool and useful!

I am Italian and I have read the documentation, very well detailed and professional. I am sure when the English documentation will come out, your plugin will be very popular :-)

Thank you very much for BandChiptune!

I have downloaded and happily donated to support you.

• Hi, RexRainbow adapted the plugin

construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/work-in-progress-addons-30/plugin-tone-js-117690

But I do not know what state it is in, I think it has a bug and it does not have a C3 version.

Well, that's what I know.

• Well, I said I would never use ad-dons but ......... doood!

I have been wishing for something like this for a long time...

well ... what to say ... thanks! I'm really very happy to hear you say it!

• I had the privilege to discuss with fiaful during the plugin creation and that's something I really wished C2 had integrated since the beginning.

pleasure and honor were mine ;)

I am old school and I am sure this plugin will help everyone not only with their nostalgia, but also to shrink the size of their games.

yes it is true ... then with regard to nostalgia ... we are put really bad! :)

I usually try to avoid as much as I can plugin, but my rule doesn't apply for this. Too cool and useful!

thank you very much!

I am Italian and I have read the documentation, very well detailed and professional. I am sure when the English documentation will come out, your plugin will be very popular :-)

now I'm struggling with another really huge plugin ... but as soon as this is over I plan to translate the BandChiptune documentation into English ... have a little more patience ...

Thank you very much for BandChiptune!

I have downloaded and happily donated to support you.

Thank you! it's really very important for me ... thanks again

• Hi, RexRainbow adapted the plugin

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/work-in-progress-addons-30/plugin-tone-js-117690

But I do not know what state it is in, I think it has a bug and it does not have a C3 version.

Well, that's what I know.

Hi, I didn't know the toneJS and I didn't know the existence of such a plugin (nor can I tell you in what state it is) ...

but other forum users have privately asked me to add something to the addon ... maybe, on that occasion, I could take a look, and see if I can integrate some of its features!

thanks for the tip!

• in the meantime I would like to thank all those who gave me feedback, here on the forum and privately, and all those who started following me ...

stay tuned because in a few days I will release a really huge plugin (which has nothing to do with audio) ... I don't anticipate anything ... it will be a surprise, I think, pleasing to many

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)