Why was this setting removed in version r388?

1 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Customize the animation of character when item changed
  • I have not tested the beta versions. But in version r379 the option "Guess collision polygon after importing images" was still there.

I used to uncheck this option as it was the most practical for my projects.

Will it return in future updates?

Tagged:

• It was moved into the sprite editor instead, for easier access per import.

Click the 3 vertical dots icon in the sprite editor to change the settings.

• The setting was moved into the Animations editor.

The Animations editor now has an additional button in the top right (next to the close button), that brings up a dialog with some miscellaneous settings.

• Oh, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for the answers.

• I had the same trouble finding this!

It's a strange place to put to options. I can't think of any other application (or part of Construct?) that puts options next to the Close Window button.

Could the three-dot menu be moved to the toolbar, with all the other buttons? Maybe to the left of the preview button?

EDIT: Or just leave it where it was?

• I had the same trouble finding this!

It's a strange place to put to options. I can't think of any other application (or part of Construct?) that puts options next to the Close Window button.

Could the three-dot menu be moved to the toolbar, with all the other buttons? Maybe to the left of the preview button?

EDIT: Or just leave it where it was?

I agree with you, if I could give my opinion, the previous format was more visible. But I can also adapt to it now that I know where it is.

It's not related to my topic but another change that is strange to me is this new "Main Button" menu. I always thought that the last option the developer chose should be the main one.

For example, the default is "Preview layout", so if the person runs the Debug layout it would become the default, until the person runs the Preview layout again.

Or the "simplest" would be to break down the menu as it was in Construct 2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could the three-dot menu be moved to the toolbar, with all the other buttons? Maybe to the left of the preview button?

I totally agree with this. I'm finding that with the setting button there it's VERY easy to click it rather then the exit button. Very annoying.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)