How do I push my car though explosions/colisions?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Push the Box Puzzle Game likes Sokoban made with Illustrator
  • i am making a racing game with the player racing against 7 or 6 other cars(for now its bots, but i want to make then being online players)

but not just racing, i want to make so you can shoot those other cars, but instead of doing damage, i want my weapons to knockback the enemies and puch then around, maybe out of track or to a trap, or even accidentaly on a speed booster but i can't seem to make it work

i also would like to make so colisions can push other cars, so if you don't have ammo, you can just hit your oponent on the side of the car and push then to the side

i am using the behavior car, i didn't found a way to change the movement angle or anything like it without also rotating the car to push my car with explosions, i tryied using the physics behavior alongside the car behavior but it didn't work

as for the colisions its the same problem as above, but adding um that my cars pass though each other, and when i put solid and hit an enemy, my car just bouces around like the wall is made of rubber, and the enemy don't even move, its like its made of stone

is there a work around for this? to make the cars and objects have a more realistic "weight" to it, instead of a "NFS carbon mountain race enemy cars literally made out of concrete" behavior?

• Bump.

• This will be difficult to make with Car behavior. Have you considered using Physics? Or a combination of Car+Physics. It's not recommended mixing Physics with other behaviors, but when done correctly it may work.

I have a small demo where I control a ball with explosions:

dropbox.com/s/7k8w9mn8ngdu5q9/Concept5.capx

• This will be difficult to make with Car behavior. Have you considered using Physics? Or a combination of Car+Physics. It's not recommended mixing Physics with other behaviors, but when done correctly it may work.

I have a small demo where I control a ball with explosions:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k8w9mn8ngdu5q9/Concept5.capx?dl=0

i was already kinda thinking about using physics, but i don't really know how to make my whole game using it(i am doing a game about drifting), in the capx that you sent i tryed just to add the car behavior to the ball, but if i start moving the ball using the car controls it just completely ignores my clicks

i was thinking on a even more extreme solution, how hard is it to make my own plugin? i never tried to anything like it, but i did some programming in games on gadot and unity, how "advanced" do you need to be to make plugins?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The difficult part is math. If you understand the math required to alter car movement when it's hit with a blast, you can do it with events, no need for a plugin.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)