Visual issues with effects on 3D object faces

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This music pack covers differents situations for visual novels, anime games and many more!
  • I've been having random, intermittent visual issues with effects in 3D through out my project. This either seems to be tied to updates being made to Construct or changes I am making in development that I assume won't affect established effects but apparently do. Here's some examples:

Here we have an issue where a tint effect placed on a sprite being used as a 3D face screws up some aspects of other 3D objects behind it.

The above issue has been occurring for a longer period, some bullet objects display even when behind a 3d object.

These kinds of issues have been popping up through out the project, what should I look for to fix them and what might be some best practices to avoid them going forward?

Thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The top one has to do with the order things are drawn. In 2d it just uses zorder to draw back to front. In 3d there are some 3d layer settings that might help I suppose, like there is a setting to draw by zorder or by distance to screen. I could be remembering it wrong.

The goal is to draw the 3d objects first, then draw the stuff with transparency far from the camera to close. That would work well if the billboard sprites face the camera, but when the quads are at many different angles there isn't any way to perfectly sort them in some cases with just changing draw order. Anyways just some ideas to fiddle with, or maybe what construct does automatically makes that less feasible. idk

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)