How do I stop tilemaps from blurring?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi all,

I've been looking into this and I can't find a solution. I'm making a simple Platform game but I have some discrepancy in the quality of the sprite depending on the sampling method used.

Sampling Nearest with pixel rounding, I get a clean tilemap and jagged UI Sprites (this includes HUD, popups etc...

Sampling with bilinear or trilinear gives me clean UI and HUD but a blurry tileset.

I've seen in the past people have had similar issues, but it seems to me that this is a simple fix for Pixel Art games. My game is not a Pixel Art game but the tiles as you can see are made with straight lines. Is there a way around this to have both clean tiles and clean sprites?

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

• Does this happen if you copy the tilemap to a blank project?

Maybe some setting is slightly off on the tilemap or the layer with the tilemap - like z-elevation or angle is not zero. Or you changing the layer scale.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey dop2000,

Thanks for your response, yes, the same happens when copying to a blank project and all the things you mention are correct, z-elevation is zero, angle is zero, and layer-scale hasn't changed as far as I am aware. Position is 0,0.

It's such strange issue. It looks ok if I don't full-screen, but when I full-screen, you can see either the blurry tiles when set to bilinear or trilinear, or perfect tiles, but pixelated HUD & Menu boxes if set to nearest. Full screen quality is high.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)