How do I run my game on Steam Deck? (crashes) - UPDATE: SOLVED

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Thejacs interesting that the newer versions of NWJS work at all for you, I think anything beyond version 71 gives a black screen for my game. So I'll have to stick with that.

• NWJS versions 76-85 don't work with worker. This may be the reason of the black screen. Try disabling worker in project properties.

This should be fixed in the upcoming NWJS 86.

• Thejacs interesting that the newer versions of NWJS work at all for you, I think anything beyond version 71 gives a black screen for my game. So I'll have to stick with that.

Try to use GreenWorks 0.82 with also NW.js 0.82 (Chromium 119 If I remember well) and Steamworks SDK 158a. That should make your games run on SteamDeck, my friend.

Also remember, for Linux64 compilation, to deactivate whatever Proton version (even Experimental or last Beta). Don't force it. Steam must load the game as a native SteamOS/Linux app or it won't work nither.

I hope this helps...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • NWJS versions 76-85 don't work with worker. This may be the reason of the black screen. Try disabling worker in project properties.

This should be fixed in the upcoming NWJS 86.

In my case, I have the Web worker disabled. And still that weird problem:

It runs perfect first time I start the game from Steam when I just switch on the SteamDeck. But if I exit the game, I have to restart SteamDeck to play again or I get a black screen.

I thought could even be just my Deck, but you can start all games all times you want, so... Don't know. So, so weird...

• I don't know if this is possible on Steam Deck, but if you manage to open developer console (F12), there will probably be an error message explaining the black screen.

Perhaps if you connect an external keyboard to the Deck?

You need to export the game with DevTools enabled.

• I don't know if this is possible on Steam Deck, but if you manage to open developer console (F12), there will probably be an error message explaining the black screen.

Perhaps if you connect an external keyboard to the Deck?

You need to export the game with DevTools enabled.

That's a good idea... Not sure if on SteamOS would work, maybe from Desktop mode... But definitely is something to try! :-)

UPADTE: SOLVED

• > I don't know if this is possible on Steam Deck, but if you manage to open developer console (F12), there will probably be an error message explaining the black screen.

> Perhaps if you connect an external keyboard to the Deck?

> You need to export the game with DevTools enabled.

That's a good idea... Not sure if on SteamOS would work, maybe from Desktop mode... But definitely is something to try! :-)

UPADTE: SOLVED

How did you solve it?

Update:

I was using NW.js 0.82.0 and everything was fine until yesterday Steam Deck decided to give black screen.

I updated the linux version to NW.js 0.86.0 now it works fine. Greenworks (0.86) plugin wasn't working correctly (I probably used the old version accidentally since it was bundled with the project) so I replaced the "greenworks-linux64.node" with the file here: greenworks-prebuilds.armaldio.xyz

Now everything seems to be working. But 0.82.0 was like that too so I don't really trust it :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)